Monday, July 2, 2012

Note to all fathers in the gospel.

"O my son Absalom, my son, my son Absalom! would God I had died for thee, O Absalom, my son, my son!"

Proof of sonship rest in the heart of the father. Most sons spend much of their lives disappointing their fathers. But a father loves on anyway ...

1 Kings 3:25
And the king said, Divide the living child in two, and give half to the one, and half to the other.

Solomon knew a real mother would never allow any situation to turn out in a manner the her child would be harmed.

Proof of sonship rested squarely on the parent.

"But ye know the proof of him, that, as a son with the father, he hath served with me in the gospel.".

The biblical example for working together is as a father with a son

An elder with a younger man.

But the test of sonship can only be answered by the father.

Note to apostolic preachers...

Don't tell the world you are their father in the gospel, if you are the one seeking to kill them.

You are not their father for you have not the heart of a father.

How different the story of the prodigal son would of turned out if the father in that story had sought the destruction of his wayward son.

The way many Elders have sought the death of their sons in the gospel, we are left to wonder if they were ever their father in the gospel?

"O my son Absalom, my son, my son Absalom! would God I had died for thee, O Absalom, my son, my son!"
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment