Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving Post

I didn't post at Thanksgiving.

Not because I am not Thankful,

I was too busy....

so here is my Thanksgiving blog post.

This picture was taken last March... I posted this on my Face Book page

"The bitter with the sweet.

All of life is a mixed cup. For ever good thing there seems to be a little bitter. I recently married my daughter off, and though I love the young man and rejoice in the union. There is some bitterness in Chantelle being gone.

We have sold our home and are moving out. After weeks of planning and packing, the day is almost upon us. The future looks bright, and filled with hope, still the bitterness of leaving our refuge/home is upon me today. This is a once in a life time location, the nicest home I have ever owned, it has been filled with laughter and memories. I am happy the burden of the home is lifted, I am happy for all the little miracles God has worked together for us, still, .... It has been such a safe haven."

"Bitter with the sweet."


If a picture is worth a thousand words, than this one say 10,000 things...

A few things you might see in this picture.

1. A very nice house on a large pond.
2. A very nice motor home in the drive way.
3. A "For sale" and "sold" sign in the fore ground.
4. My paint van in the drive way.


There are a few things you might not be able to see

1. A fortress and a place of safety.
2. A place filled with love and laughter.
3. A place where my family put our lives back together.
4. It was the port of entry to a new beginning for us.



















This picture was taken as a time stamp for my emotions and fears.

I want to go on record stating God has far exceeded our hopes and expectations.

"Above what we can ask or think?"

"I am thankful today....I have no regrets over the road I have chosen"

I am leaving more unsaid than said

For a "picture is worth a thousand words."

No comments:

Post a Comment