Sunday, October 16, 2011

Great weekend

If I were to of written a script for this weekend, I could not of asked for a more perfect time.

The wedding of Ben and Lashel was wonderful. The anointing and presence of God was evident as God sanctioned this union.




Thank you Shane and Christy Cheek, for carrying us, when we could not walk ourselves. The whole service was spontaneous, personal, and spirit filled.

A special thanks to the Sand Springs Church and Bro and Sister Switzer. We walked away feeling the love of Christ, displayed by your generous out pouring of love and support.



Ben and Lashel and Ben and my dad and brothers




I was so personally blessed that all of my brothers and their wife's were able to attend.

My dad wanted to take all of his sons out to breakfast. We went to IHop, on Saturday morning. We laughed, cried, and had a wonderful time. My dad spoke to us about the importance of leading our families. What a great man my father is, leading his family both through example and with his words.

As Apostolics, what family get together would be complete without a church service. As a family we all went to the Owasso Pentecostal Church. We sang, shouted, rejoiced and wept ...

I got to hear my youngest brother preach/exhort for the first time. What a great anointing. So very proud of all my brothers.




Bro Cheek taught a great sunday school message on the family. I preached the second half. At the close of the service, God confirmed his word. There was a deep, sweet presence of God. A new convert prayed through to the Holy Ghost for the very first time. I was so very blessed that my mother in law, came to church with us. It is the first time she had ever heard me preach. We had a great time, she received a great touch in the altar service. God is so faithful.




Most of all, I felt the under girding of the strength of the Lord, helping and strengthening me this whole weekend.

I praise the Lord for the privilege of being called father by my three daughters. I also stand amazed and grateful to the Lord for the quality young men He brought into their lives. There are great days ahead of our family. The winter is over, we survived, and are better for the journey.

God Bless each of you.

Lm




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. It was indeed a great weekend for a great and wonderful family!

    It was an incredible honor to be a small part in the occasion!

    We love ya'll dearly!

    ReplyDelete