Tuesday, September 21, 2010

An open letter of thanks

I was recently reflecting on the past several years of my life, and realized, I had error-ed greatly in not expressing the gratitude that I feel to some very important people in my life.

I have been busy going and doing , and I have neglected to thank those who have made the going and doing possible.

I have struggled with this post for many days. One of the reasons is that in any post like this, I will accidentally leave out someone. Secondly this post brings a great sense of vulnerability. Part of the armor, is never allowing others this close of a look inside.

I weighed it out and decided not to post was worse than posting...

Loneliness is the first thing which God's eye named "not good".

It was in the addition of others that God could pronounce, that "it was good" again.

I came to Tulsa poor, discouraged and feeling forsaken- lonely. The man that left is full, enriched and blessed.

I want to thank God for the rich bounty of friends and comrades that he has placed in my life.

Gratitude makes sense of our past, and brings peace for today.

I am at peace with my past, happy with my present and optimistic about the future - I am very rich.

The photos on my lap top are limited so most of the people that I would like to thank will have to remain faceless. I owe a debt that I cannot repay, I am forever grateful and humbled by the rich bounty of affection and trust each of you have given to me.

The highest honor that one person can bestow upon another is trust. Meaningful friendships are built and maintained by that trust.

Bro and Sister Howard, were a bulwark of strength and understanding to me and my family. They opened their home, church and their hearts to us. They protected us when we could not defend ourselves. I am indebted to them.


The Rodgers and the Bibles made a very traumatic transition bearable. They opened their lives and their hearts to us from the very first day... I have no words to express my heart felt thanks.


Ed Horton - A mans man - a craftsman - a christian - my friend. Thank you.

To the Pixlers, the Greggs, the Baglins, the Harwoods, the Votow boys, and countless others who offered us warmth, love, trust and friendship, a heart felt thank you.



Shane and Christy Cheek-

They believed in me when I doubted anything good would ever come again.

They looked beyond our guarded mannerisms and extended trust and friendship.


We shared lively debates, agreed or disagreed, and went away friends- enriched- better.

Hebrews the 11 chapter has a list of "and others", hero's of Faith who's names did not get mentioned, but who's actions heaven recorded. Every mans life has a list of "and others" who's deeds seem to go unnoticed. God is the recompense of all such services - He will repay.

Our Miracle would not have happened if not for the burden and generosity of the Blades. You know what you have done and are doing, I know and God knows - Thank you for making this all possible.

Last but not least to my family and extended family. A heart felt thank you for your prayers, trust and confidence. Pattie, Lashel, Austin, Chantelle, and Natasha. My Parents, my mother in law, and all of our brothers and sisters, thank you. In time of storm it's great to know you are by my side. I love each and every one of you.

Thank you for reading today

1 comment: